The Rochester Zen Center Youth and Family Program (affectionately called ‘Zen Kids’) meets on select Sundays from 8:30-10:30 am. We welcome children of all ages to our Youth Sundays, and families are invited to stay for our community brunch afterwards.
Since we anticipate a wide range of ages, please RSVP Chris Maley (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Thursday evening to help us plan accordingly. If you would like to be on our Youth and Family Program email list, let Chris know.
Here’s what to expect on Youth Sunday:
- At 8:20 am drop off your kiddos in the Buddha Hall.
- If you’d like, parents may join the sitting that begins at 8:30 am in the Arnold Park zendo.
- At 9:25 am, the Zen Kids will join the zendo for the chanting service.
- After chanting, parents will leave the zendo with their children and either go to the Buddha Hall or to the library for age-appropriate activities.
- When the talk in the zendo is over (around 10:30 am), parents and children are invited to rejoin the Sangha in the dining room for brunch.