- 1 lb of tofu
- 4 Tbs. oil for sautéing
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 cups of diced onion
- 1 lb of mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tbs. butter
- 2 Tbs. flour
- 10 oz wide or medium noodles
- 2 cups veggie broth
- 2 Tbs dijon mustard
- ¼ to ½ cup of sour cream
- Drain and press tofu. Cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Sauté tofu in about 2 Tbs. of oil until browned. Add soy sauce. Set aside.
- Sauté onion in the remaining oil until soft. Add mushrooms. Continue cooking until mushrooms are tender.
- Melt butter in a medium-sized saucepan. Add the flour and stir until well blended. Whisk in the veggie broth. Cook until the sauce thickens, about 5 – 10 minutes.
- While the sauce is thickening, cook noodles according package directions. Drain.
- After the sauce has thickened, add the tofu, veggies, and Dijon mustard. Stir in the sour cream, but do not boil the sauce. Serve with noodles.
- Sauce can also be served over rice or potatoes.