- 3 pounds white or sweet potatoes, scrubbed clean
- ¼ cup olive oil, more or less
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground rosemary (optional)
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Chop scrubbed potatoes into 1”x1” cubes, approximately; it’s better to chop them too large than too small. Put chopped potatoes into a bowl.
- Toss the potatoes with enough oil to coat them lightly. Add salt, rosemary, and black pepper to oiled potatoes. Mix well.
- Lightly oil one or two large baking sheets or shallow pans. Spread the potatoes in a single layer on the baking sheets. Put sheets in the preheated oven.
- After 15 minutes, flip the potatoes with a spatula and rotate the pans to brown evenly. Repeat this every 15 minutes until potatoes are crispy on the outside, soft on the inside.
Recipe can be used with either white or sweet potatoes (yams). This sesshin favorite is usually served with Sauteed Green Beans.