- 1 lb. pasta (any kind – spaghetti, macaroni, bowtie, rotini, etc.)
- ¼ c light miso
- ¼ c tahini
- ¼ c tamari (or soy sauce)
- ¼ c nutritional yeast
- ¼ c lemon juice
- ¼ c olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Cook the pasta, drain, and return to pot.
- Blend the remaining ingredients to form the sauce.
- While pasta is still hot, stir in the sauce thoroughly.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
Serves 5 to 6
- For extra flavor, texture, and color: chop 1 or 2 portobello mushrooms and 1 red bell pepper. Sauté in olive oil until tender, then add to hot pasta along with the sauce.
- Instead of pasta, add sauce to steamed cauliflower or other vegetable.
Adapted by the Zen Center kitchen from VegNews Magazine