Zen Bow, Autumn 2022
The latest issue of Zen Bow is available here.
Sittings During the 7-day Rohatsu Sesshin (January 7-14)
Though there will be a sesshin at Chapin Mill, you can still join the in-person sittings at Arnold Park. You can refer to the weekly schedule here for the days and times (no chanting, dokusan, or Private Instruction are offered at Arnold Park during sesshin).
The regular schedule for morning and evening Zoom sittings is suspended during sesshin. However, even if you’re not signed up, you’re welcome to join any block of sesshin (though without dokusan) in our usual Zoom room. If you do join us, please log on before a block begins or during a kinhin to minimize distraction. Likewise, if you cannot stay for an entire block, leave during one of the kinhins whenever possible. Below is the schedule so you know what times to enter and join (the rounds are 35-minutes long, with a 7-minute kinhin in between).
First Night, 7:00 p.m. – 9:25 p.m., Opening Ceremony, Zazen
· Block 1: 4:15 a.m. – 7 a.m., Zazen, chanting, dokusan
· Block 2: 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., Zazen, teisho
· Block 3: 1:30 p.m. – 5:15 p.m., Zazen, dokusan, chanting, exercise, zazen
· Block 4: 7:00 p.m. – 9:25 p.m., Zazen, dokusan
· Same as Each Day through teisho
· After teisho, Zazen and dokusan
· ~ 1:00 p.m.: Final words, followed by closing ceremony and lunch
Other Upcoming Activities
· DepreshZen, Saturday, January 14, 3 p.m.
· Sangha Hike: Corbett’s Glen Nature Park, Sunday, January 15, 11:30 a.m.
· Winter Term Intensive, January 19 – February 16