- 1 pound tofu, cut into chunks
- 1 Tbs canola or olive oil
- 2 Tbs cider vinegar (or rice vinegar)
- 2 Tbs soy sauce
- 1 Tbs tahini
- 1 heaping teaspoon honey or maple syrup or other sweetener
- 1 tsp dried dill
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Add the tofu and cook for ten minutes. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce by whisking together the oil, vinegar, soy sauce, tahini, honey, and dill.
- With a potato masher, mash the drained tofu until it is a “cottage cheesy” texture.*
- Add the sauce while the mashed tofu is still warm. Mix well.
- Add more dill (if desired). Salt and pepper to taste.
Note: At the Zen Center, we drain and mash the hot tofu in a colander. Excess water drains through the holes allowing the tofu to better absorb the sauce.